Kingston Harbour is still frozen but we’re always thinking about sailing.
Last week we assembled to generate some priorities for the coming year. We’ve got a long list of things to work on. Here are some we’re happy to share right now.
- Have more assistant coaching.
- Work with RMC for J24 keelboat training.
- Post race results as standings from practice to monitor performance.
- Women’s practices to promote performance at all-female events.
- Win every Canadian collegiate championship entered.
- Place top 3 in every Canadian open.
- Win keelboat nationals in Canada (SYWoC) and the ICSA Kennedy Cup.
- Improve results across the board in the US including qualifying for War Memorial and Co-Ed nationals.
- Continue to improve attendance and work ethic at regular team fitness practices.
- Use cross training, intramural sports to improve team fitness.
- Host Let’s Get Nauti event at a Kingston club twice in the year.
- Increase advertisement for Rec Sail.
- Full attendance at the Can/Am Cup.
- Increase spectatorship at home events.
- Have more volunteers heloing out at racing and billeting visiting teams.
We think this is a good start.